Friday, March 18, 2016
The other detail I discovered was the the top port side of the saloon to bunk bulkhead is 1" farther forward than the rest of the bulkhead. Unfortunately, I have glued enough bits at the bottom and cut the pieces on the bunk side to fit that I will not be able to completely correct this without a lot of work. Luckily, it is a cosmetic problem, not structural, so other than adding time while I adjust cuts in the area to the actual rather than theoretical dimensions, it is not that big a deal.
Also, the cross piece midway up the bunk to front hold bulkhead, is slightly crooked, but will easily do its job of reinforcing where the deck on the front attaches, and strengthening the area where the front tabernacle will attach